General Chemistry Lab Waivers
Students may apply for lab waiver(s) only if they:
- Have Chem 101 and/or 102 credit from Penn, either by taking and passing the departmental Placement Exam(s), or by taking and completing the course(s).
- Have a qualifying score on U.S. AP Chemistry exam (only scores of 5 are considered), or the International Baccalaureate exam (only scores of 6 or 7 are considered)
**Waiver letters do not carry Penn credit, but satisfy virtually all requirements, i.e. Chem / Biochem Majors, SEAS lab requirement, Medical School applications, etc.
If your high school is already in our database from previous years, then the waiver can be granted immediately. Please contact the Undergraduate Coordinator (email@example.com) to check on the status of your high school program.
If the department does not have a precedent for your high school program, you will need to submit the following information:
- AP / IB chemistry lab book
- AP / IB chemistry lab reports
- AP / IB chemistry lab syllabus
You will be contacted via e-mail after your waiver request has been reviewed.
Download the waiver application [.doc, 62K]
For more information:
Chemistry Undergraduate Coordinator
Room B12 Chem Bldg., 898-8311